Friday, January 29, 2016

The Author's Files Now On IMDb



I meant to stick this on the end of the Oscars post but got so caught up in the moment that I forgot about it.  As you already know if you’ve been reading these Files for a while, back in 2014 I disavowed the use of a common lettering system to grade whatever movies I review, in part because I abhor the competitive ranking of films that vary widely in tone and theme but mostly because I realized that offering a grade defeats the purpose of writing a review at all, since 90% of people will just look at the grade and skip the review, learning nothing thereby.  So why do you go on IMDb, Josephos, you hypocrite, you two-face?  The answer is threefold: one for the sake of immediacy, given that my current full-time schedule prevents me from producing timely critiques of every film I watch, two for my own convenience, so I never lose track of anything and can better prioritize the content of future posts, and three because these aren’t a substitute for actual reviews so much as a handy, easy-to-use reference for people who already trust the Author’s judgment and want a prompt opinion on which films are worth their time.

To start I’ve rated every film I saw in 2015 and early 2016 that I bothered to log in my notes except the ones I didn’t watch a majority and/or enough of (I saw about ten minutes of Tammy before giving up and zoomed through Andrei Tarkovsky’s Stalker at 4X speed), don’t remember very well (Curse of Chucky), didn’t pay attention to (should be Inside Out, but I voted to counter-act its 8.3 rating), or feel I need to re-evaluate (Inherent Vice).

So click on through if you feel so inclined.  Bookmark it, share it, tweet it, snap it, bop it, protest it, boycott it, whatever triggers your fancy.

Also, here’s a clickbait video that was supposed to accompany the Star Wars review, but since that won’t be appearing for some time, we’ll just drop it here for your enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that Google/Blogger has a regrettable habit of crashing before you hit the Preview or Publish button, so writing out longer comments separately before entering them into the browser is well advised.

Moderation is to combat spam, not to muzzle dissenting voices.